Building a ‘Medical Neighbourhood’ one step at a time, this project is supporting connection, communication, and collaboration between Family Physicians and other healthcare providers and organizations in Abbotsford. It aims to strengthen integrated, coordinated care and transitions in care through:
- Providing feedback to a developing electronic collaborative care plan;
- Supporting the work of a Clinical Pharmacist in clinics;
- Collaborating on medication reviews;
- Hosting clinical education workshops on the palliative approach to care, advance care planning, and chronic health conditions (dementia, depression, cardiovascular disease, COPD, and diabetes).
- Presenting at the City’s Seniors Week on health promotion and disease prevention.
We have created a website and magazine full of supports and information for seniors in our community.